Usually, when I create any off the page project, I give it away. There is always someone, to be given 🙂 But this time I decided to create something special – only for me 🙂 I do believe in magic – magic of positive thinking, magic of good deeds, magic of everyday happiness and laughter. I wanted to create something, that would remind me about it, during not so happy days, that sometimes happen.
As you can see, I have altered Finnabair Bird House – below the photos you can see step-by-step, where I placed the names of most supplies I used. The full list is at the bottom of this blog post.
1. At first I removed the back of the Bird House.
2. I cut out the shape of the back of the house using 7 Dots Studio paper (lately I covered it with media, so the paper is unimportant).
3. Using Sizzix die, I cut the letters from thick chipboard.
6. One of my two favourite spray brands is Lindy’s Stamp Gang
– I have used Moon Shadow Mist
and Alpine Ice Rose
to add the color to all paper pieces and also inside walls of the bird house.
As you can see below, there is a magical effect – each circle created with Texture Paste
is surrounded with white halo 🙂
11. Than I started to create a 3D element – I cut out desired shape from paper, covered it with Finnabair White Gesso
and then with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist.
12. Next step was to start adding embellishments – mainly Mechanicals from Finnabair, covered with gorgeous Silks. I built up the whole scene, adding also chipboard letters from UmWowStudio, Prima flowers and metal embellishments. I painted also the whole house using Silks – they shine so beautifully!!
You can build your own “bird house” letting your imagination to take you on the journey 🙂
Thank you for visiting my blog today,